Categories
HOUNDS_Entertainment

John Schneider released from jail after serving five hours

Lady Luck seems to have smiled on John Schneider while in prison. He only spent five hours in jail and was released due to overcrowding.

According to TMZ, Schneider was sentenced to three days in County lockup for failing to pay more than $150k in spousal support to his estranged wife. He checked in Tuesday morning and even posted a video as he drove there, encouraging fans to buy some of his gear.

The ‘Dukes of Hazzard’ star checked in at 10.20 AM and was released at 3:46 PM. While this sounds like celebrity justice, L.A. County jail is also known for shortening sentences of violent offenders due to overcrowding.

Though he is out, Schneider is not in the clear yet. As we reported, Schneider still has to do 240 hours of community service and complete a long list of financial obligations, or he’ll get an additional 5-day sentence. Or roughly 7-8 hours based on Tuesday’s brief stay.

According to court docs, Schneider has a long list of things to do before the end of 2018. If he fails, he will face more days in L.A. County jail. Among the things he has to do include: file tax returns for 2014 through 2016, fork over certain financial docs, and pay Elvira half of all the money he earns. Maybe it is a good idea to keep plugging his merchandise.

Categories
HOUNDS_Entertainment

Neil Young and Daryl Hannah marry in top-secret wedding

Rock icon Neil Young and actress Daryl Hannah have reportedly tied the knot in a top-secret wedding, Fox News has learned.

The ceremony on Friday was top-secret and held near San Luis Obispo, Calif.-a three-to-four-hour drive from Los Angeles-to keep away paparazzi.

Guests also received a list of nearby hotels, but were told, “Please note the hotels do not have information about the event, so please only contact them to book a room but do not mention anything about this event.”

A wedding planner also advised guests, “Everyone will be asked to leave their phones and cameras at the hotel.”

Hannah, 57, whose past loves include John F. Kennedy Jr. and Jackson Browne, has been seeing Young, 72, since 2014.

Hannah and Young led a Keystone XL pipeline protest in Washington, DC, in April of that year, and in July, Young filed for divorce from Pegi, his wife of 36 years.

Hannah, 57, posted a cryptic message on her Instagram account following the ceremony-if there was a ceremony-showing an owl along with the message: “someone’s watching over us…. love & only love.”

When his and Hannah’s romance was discovered, Young said publicly that they didn’t care what people thought about it. “We didn’t pay any attention to that. It doesn’t matter. We don’t give a s – – t . What matters is us, not the press.”

Categories
HOUNDS_Entertainment Music

Lil Pump arrested for no driver’s license

Lil Pump was arrested in Miami on Wednesday for driving without a valid license, TMZ has learned.

Witnesses tell TMZ the “Drug Addicts” rapper was pulled over Wednesday afternoon while driving a black Rolls-Royce — and, according to law enforcement, it’s because of an issue with his driver’s license.

Initially, the rapper was pulled over because the license plates on his black Rolls-Royce actually belonged to a Mini Cooper. When officers asked to see his driver’s license, he told them he didn’t have one.

Pump was taken into custody and released a few hours later. A source told TMZ that he was only issued a ticket and will not have to appear in court.

The Florida rapper was also arrested earlier this year for firing a gun inside his LA home. He originally claimed intruders fired from the outside, but cops quickly realized the rapper was the shooter, and there were no intruders. He was subsequently taken to a juvenile detention center, because he was 17 at the time.

Lil Pump was slated to release his Harvard Dropout mixtape on his 18th birthday, August 17. However, he posted a video on social media that same day claiming he lost the record. No word yet on what’s happening with his next project, but his ‘Harvard Dropout’ Tour is set to kick off at the end of September.

Categories
HOUNDS_Entertainment Music NONE

Christina Aguilera says she won’t date another celebrity

Christina Aguilera is not about to date someone in Hollywood, thank you very much.

According to the Huffington Post, the “Fall In Line” singer, who is also the cover star for Cosmopolitan’s October issue, revealed her dating preferences in an accompanying interview with the magazine.

“I’ve had opportunities, but it isn’t my style to date another person in the business,” the 37-year-old said. “There’s gotta be something wrong with you if you want to be in this business.”

Aguilera added, “I mean, hi! I definitely have my issues. I think that I can only handle one celebrity in the rela­tionship, and I need to be it.”

The singer was previously married to Jordan Bratman, the father of her son, Max. She also has a daughter named Summer Rain with her current fiancé, film producer Matthew Rutler.

Aguilera also spoke to Cosmo about the pitfalls of celebrity rivalries- especially the major one she had with Britney Spears.

“It’s hard to hear yourself being called names. I remember being hurt by these commercials on MTV, pitting Britney as the good girl and me as the bad girl,” Aguilera said. “It’s like, if I’m going to be demure and innocent, that’s okay. But if I’m going to just be myself, I’m trouble.”

Aguilera is nothing if not her true self on her new album, “Liberation,” which came out in June-her first new album in six years. While there are minor tweaks to Christina Aguilera’s classic sound, her video for her newest single, “Accelerate,” harks back to her “Dirrty” days.

Categories
HOUNDS_Entertainment

Gerard Depardieu: French actor accused of rape

French actor, Gérard Depardieu has been accused of rape and sexual assault by 22-year-old French actress, BBC reports.

Mr. Depardieu is one of France’s most recognizable actors and has starred in films such as Cyrano de Bergerac and Jean de Florette.

According to reports in the French media, the alleged crimes occurred this month in one of Mr. Depardieu’s Paris residences.

The unnamed actress made her statement to police in Lambesc, southern France, after which the case was passed to prosecutors in the capital.

Mr. Depardieu’s accuser is an actress and author who knew the actor before the alleged crimes took place.

The actress was “devastated” by the alleged attacks, her agent was quoted as saying by French digital news service BFMTV.

Mr. Depardieu’s lawyer, Hervé Temime, said he was convinced his client would be exonerated of any blame by the end of the investigation.”I had a long meeting with Gérard Depardieu and I am absolutely convinced his innocence will be established,” he told France Info radio.

The actor, he said, was “shaken” by the allegations, which went against “everything he is and respects”.

Able to combine bearish physicality with emotional delicacy on screen, Depardieu has played in some 170 films, getting his big break in 1973 with Les Valseuses (Going Places).

He won the best actor award for Cyrano at Cannes in 1990 and was nominated for an Oscar for the same role.

Green Card, an English-language comedy made the same year, brought him further acclaim outside the French-speaking world.

Off-screen, he made headlines in recent years for attacking French tax laws, moving to Belgium in protest and later developing close ties to Vladimir Putin’s Russia.

Categories
HOUNDS_Entertainment

Asia Argento’s accuser speaks out

Jimmy Bennett, the actor who claims he was sexually assaulted by Asia Argento, a leading figure in the #MeToo movement, has broken his silence.

According to CNN, New York Times says it has documents from an unidentified party showing that Argento agreed to make payments to Bennett after he accused her of sexually assaulting him in 2013.

In the documents, Bennet claims that the assault took place when he was 17 and she was 37 at a hotel in California, where the age of consent is 18. Bennett played Argento’s son in the 2004 movie “The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things.”

Argento denied the allegations in the newspaper in a statement first reported Tuesday by the Huffington Post.

“I am deeply shocked and hurt by having read news that is absolutely false. I have never had any sexual relationship with Bennett.”

She said she had a friendship with Bennett that ended when-after she was in the news for her claims of sexual misconduct against Harvey Weinstein- Bennett contacted her and “made an exorbitant request of money from me.”

Argento said she and her then-boyfriend, Anthony Bourdain, “decided to deal compassionately with Bennett’s demand for help and give it to him. Anthony personally undertook to help Bennett economically, on condition that we would no longer suffer any further intrusions in our life.”

In a statement released to CNN Wednesday, Bennet said that he chose not to speak out at first because he wanted to handle the issue privately but his trauma resurfaced when the person who wronged him came out as a victim herself.

Categories
NONE

Mario Batali faces new wave of sexual misconduct claims

Mario Batali is facing more accusations of sexual misconduct after more women came forward with sexual misconduct claims against the disgraced chef.

Seven women spoke to Vox Media’s Eater in a Wednesday report, detailing alleged inappropriate touching and unwanted kissing from Batali. Eater published video clips of two of the encounters, along with warnings of their potentially distressing nature. Unlike many of the former employees who have previously come forward with allegations against Batali, of the women who spoke to Eater, four were fans who spoke on the record.

Former Batali fan Natali Tene says the chef groped her at a bar next to his Boston Eataly in April 2017. In addition to the alleged touching, she says he “squeezed her face into his as he kissed her,” claimed the article. She provided photo and video of the encounter.

Another former fan, Sarah Watson, claimed Batali groped her and made a comment about wanting to give her oral sex during their encounter at a nonprofit event Batali had catered in 2016. Another woman, Rebecca Marshall, provided video of Batali kissing her during a similar event in January 2017. She says she laughed and leaned away after he “stuck his tongue in my mouth” because “I didn’t know what else to do.”

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Tene and another accuser-pastry chef and cookbook author Jenny McCoy-told the outlet they were motivated to come forward after seeing stories about a comeback plan from Batali.

Categories
Music

Pusha T vs. Drake: the beef behind the diss

Just like most celebs, Drake is no stranger to beef. However, the latest tiff involving Pusha T and his killer new diss track, “The Story of Adidon,” has left some fans and onlookers scratching their heads. Why was Drake in blackface? Where did Pusha get that photo? Does Drake really have a secret love child?

On Tuesday, Pusha T dropped “The Story of Adidon” on YouTube without a lot of fanfare, but it immediately caused a sensation, garnering 2.5 million views in less than a day. And was that Drake in blackface on the cover? Yes. Yes it was.

According to Vox, Pusha’s track was a full-on Drake diss, containing lyrics like, “Let’s have a heart-to-heart about your pride / Even though you’re multi, I see that your soul don’t look alive.” The song mocks Drake’s dad, skewers Drake’s attitude toward blackness, and accuses Drake of being a deadbeat dad to Adonis, the son he is rumored to have fathered with a French woman named Sophie Brussaux, a former porn actress, in October 2017.

Pusha T’s thesis for “The Story of Adidon” is basically twofold: Drake’s confusion about his biracial identity has led him to adopt a hypocritical attitude toward fatherhood. The result, says Pusha, is that Drake is simultaneously abandoning his son while clinging to his own father for a sense of authentic blackness, even as he enjoys the privileges of wealth and his ability to “pass” as a white man.

Categories
HOUNDS_Entertainment Music

Plane carrying rapper Malone blow tires but lands safely in New York

A small plane carrying rapper Post Malone landed safely at New York’s Stewart Airport in spite of bursting two tires during takeoff on Tuesday, Fox News has learned.

“I landed guys, thank you for your prayers. I can’t believe how many people wished death on me on this website, f— you, but not today,” the rapper tweeted.

In a statement to Fox News, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) said: “A Gulfstream Aerospace G-IV aircraft landed safely at Stewart International Airport in New Windsor, NY, about 3:50 p.m. today. The aircraft was towed to the ramp.” The FAA added that it will be investigating the incident.

TMZ first reported the famed rapper was on board, having spent Monday night at the MTV Video Music Awards, where he took home an award for song of the year for his hit “Rockstar.”

The jet carrying 16 people took off from Teterboro Airport near New York City just before 11 a.m. when the pilot reported experiencing trouble.

The Federal Aviation Administration told Fox News the aircraft blew two tires as it took off from runway 24 at Teterboro. The jet was heading to London Luton Airport in Luton, England.

Post Malone was scheduled to perform at the Reading and Leeds Festival in England over the weekend, according to his website’s tour schedule.

The pilot was going to make an initial attempt to land back at the airport in New Jersey, and officials prepared for the landing by lining a runway with a fire truck and ambulances, according to Fox 5. The FAA later told Fox News the plane has been diverted to Stewart Airport, located north of New York City.

Categories
HOUNDS_Entertainment

Oscars Producer Craig Zadan dies at 69

Craig Zadan, the producer of the Oscars and Oscar-winning film Chicago, is dead, according to Hollywood Reporter. He was 69.

“It is with profound sadness that I am announcing the passing of my dear friend and colleague Craig Zadan, who died of complications following shoulder replacement surgery,” NBC’s Bob Greenblatt said Tuesday in a statement. “On behalf of his life partner, Elwood Hopkins, and his producing partner, Neil Meron, we are stunned that the man behind so many incredible films, theatre, and television productions-several of them joyous musicals- was taken away so suddenly.

Craig’s distinguished career as a passionate and consummate producer is eclipsed only by his genuine love for the thousands of actors, directors, writers, musicians, designers, and technicians he worked with over the years. His absence will be felt in our hearts and throughout our business.”

Alongside partner Meron, Zadan oversaw the Oscar broadcast from 2013 to 2015. He also produced a series of live musicals for NBC, including The Sound of Music, Peter Pan, The Wiz and Hairspray. The duo were working on productions of Hair and Bye Bye Birdie, starring Jennifer Lopez, for NBC slated for next year.

In theater, Zadan and Meron produced several revivals, including Broadway’s How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying and Promises, Promises.

Zadan also wrote the definitive Stephen Sondheim biography, Sondheim & Co., in 1974.

Zadan and Meron’s productions have earned a total of six Academy Awards, five Golden Globes, 17 Emmy Awards, two Peabody Awards, a Grammy Award, six GLAAD Awards, four NAACP Image Awards and two Tony Awards.