Categories
HOUNDS_Entertainment NONE TV

Bachelor star Chris Soules breaks his silence over fatal accident

Chris Soules has for the first time spoken since he allegedly knocked down and killed his neighbor in Arlington, Iowa, early Tuesday morning.

The 35-year-old Bachelor star was apprehended after allegedly calling 911 from the scene of the accident, then taking off after he couldn’t feel the pulse of Kenneth Mosher, 66.

“My family and I are overwhelmed with this tragedy, but we are sticking together, and we’ll get through it,” Soules said to In Touch.

According to celebrity website TMZ, police have seized Soules’ cell phone and will be looking at call logs, messaging services, his pictures, and social media to determine whether he was distracted at the time of the accident.

If it is found out that he was distracted, then Soules could be charged with vehicular manslaughter.

Vehicular manslaughter is a class C felony that carries a maximum penalty of ten years in jail and a $10,000 fine.

The crash occurred at around 8 pm Monday. Kenneth Mosher’s tractor was rammed off the road and into a ditch. Soules was driving his pickup truck.

Two 911 calls from the crash site reveal how Soules called for help and tried to save the fellow farmer, before fleeing in another driver’s truck once police arrived.

The star was arrested at his home in Arlington, approximately six miles from the scene of the accident.

He was charged with leaving the scene of a fatal accident, a Class D felony.

Soules was released from custody after posting a $10,000 bond on Tuesday. He is expected to return to court on May 2.

According to Us Weekly, the former reality television star is being closely monitored in case he attempts to flee.

Categories
HOUNDS_Entertainment Music NONE

Kim breaks down in tears as she reveals how Paris robbery changed her

Kim Kardashian has avoided the limelight since her armed robbery ordeal in Paris last October.

And the reality star showed a marked change when she made her debut TV appearance since the terrifying incident, losing her composure as she made her return on the Ellen DeGeneres show.

Kim revealed that she is ‘grateful’ for the wake-up call, and no longer attaches importance to material possessions, which she hopes will make her a better mother to her children Saint, one, and North, three.

The October 3, 2016 heist was France’s biggest jewelry theft involving a private citizen in more than two decades.

17 people were apprehended in connection with the armed robbery, and ten have been charged so far.

The robbers stole an estimated $10 million worth of jewels, including Kim’s 20 karat engagement ring.

With a shaky voice shaking, Kim told show host Ellen: “I know it sounds crazy, but I know that was meant to happen to me. I don’t want to start crying, but I know it was meant to happen. I feel like I’m such a different person.”

The 36-year-old was handed a tissue by a visibly moved Ellen, and the audience encouraged her on with a round of applause.

Kim explained that the ordeal had turned her into a completely different person, and no longer boasts about her wealth and designer wear on social media.

The Keeping Up With The Kardashians star confessed that she was materialistic before, adding that she is proud of everyone around her that is successful because there is nothing wrong with having possessions and working hard to acquire them.

She admitted that she is now totally aware of her security, and requires several security guards outside her door to sleep at night.

Kim, who cut a demure figure during the show, ditched all her jewelry during the television appearance.

Categories
HOUNDS_Entertainment Music NONE TV

Whitney Houston’s sexuality revisited in new documentary

Speculation about the late Whitney Houston’s sexuality will be revisited in a new documentary, called Whitney: Can I Be Me?

The iconic singer’s ex-husband Bobby Brown has previously suggested that Whitney was in a gay relationship with her assistant Roby Crawford.

But according to People, stylist Ellin Lavar says in the movie: “I don’t think she was gay, I think she was bisexual.”

According to a member of security Kevin Ammons, Robyn and Whitney were inseparable.

“They had a bond, and Bobby could never remove Robyn. He wanted to be the man in the relationship,” Kevin said.

While this is not the first time has discussed Whitney’s and Robyn’s alleged romance, it should be noted that both she and Whitney’s mother Cissy declined to participate in the flick.

In June last year, Bobby Brown, Whitney’s ex, told UsWeekly that the songbird had a sexual relationship with Robyn.

“I know. We were married for 14 years,” Bobby, 47, adding that there were things he and Whitney talked about things personal to the two of them.

Bobby also claimed that Whitney’s mother Cissy did not approve of the relationship, causing the I Will Always Love You hitmaker to be lonely.

The late singer always denied that she was involved sexually with Robyn.

After Whitney’s February 2012 death from a drug overdose, Robyn wrote in a piece for Esquire that the singer was a “loyal friend who looked like an angel.”

“I loved her laughter, and that’s what I’ll miss most,” Robyn wrote.

Whitney and Robyn met as teens when they both worked at a community center in East Orange, New Jersey.

Robyn would later become Whitney’s assistant, and later, creative director.

The new documentary debuted at the Tribeca Film Festival on Wednesday.

 

Categories
NONE

Shannon Doherty opens up about cancer remission

Actress, Shannen Doherty, opened up about her cancer being in remission.

Doherty revealed that she had been diagnosed with breast cancer in 2015. On Friday, the Charmed actress shared that her cancer was in remission. Doherty remains cautious and understands that more treatment and endeavors lie in her future.

“Moments. They happen. Today was and is a moment,” the former “Beverly Hills, 90210” wrote Doherty on Instagram. “What does remission mean? I heard that word and have no idea how to react. Good news? YES. Overwhelming. YES. Now more waiting. As every single one of my fellow cancer family knows, the next five years is crucial. Reoccurrences happen all the time. Many of you have shared that very story with me. So with a heart that is certainly lighter, I wait. In the meantime, decisions. Reconstruction which is several surgeries. Decision on taking a pill for the next five years that comes with its own set of problems and side effects. I am blessed, I know that. But for now…. remission. I’m going to just breathe.”

The 46-year-old actress has been keeping her followers and fans up to date with progress in her fight against cancer. She has consistently taken photos to express her moods during her battle.

“Radiation is frightening to me,” posted Doherty underneath one photograph. “Something about not being able to see the laser, see the treatment and having this machine moving around you just scares me.”

Categories
NONE

Manu Ginobili shows no sign of aging

 

Manu Ginobili

 

 

But Patty Mills described the extra kick provided by the inspired play of 39-year-old Manu Ginobili as the “grandpa juice” that fueled the San Antonio Spurs‘ reserves to high-octane production in the team’s 116-103 win over the Memphis Grizzlies in Game 5 of the Western Conference playoffs.

The victory gave San Antonio a 3-2 series lead with Game 6 set for Memphis on Thursday night.

“He brought that grandpa juice, [which] is what I call it, and we all followed,” Mills said. “It’s inspiring. We shouldn’t wait for him to do that before we get into gear. But it really is inspiring when you see him dive on the ball, putting his body on the line, hard drives, hard cuts. It gets us all going. We shouldn’t need that to get going, but he’s a hell of a player, hell of a competitor. It trickles down, and we feed on it for sure.”

Make no mistake: Of this group of bench players that outscored Memphis’ reserves 46-30, Mills owns the title of hero, having knocked down 5-of-7 from deep for the game, including 4-of-4 for 12 points in the fourth quarter, as he finished with a career postseason-high 20 points.

Categories
Business NONE TECH TECH_Technology

Uber says its flying taxis will take to the skies in 2020 in Dallas and Dubai

After upstaging the taxi industry with its ride-hailing service, Uber now wants to take to the sky.

The tech company has announced it plans to deploy its flying taxis in Dallas-Fort     Worth, Texas, and Dubai by 2020.

The firm’s flying taxis will be small, electric vehicles that take off and land vertically (VTOL).

The flying taxis will have zero emissions and will be quiet enough to operate in cities.

Uber estimates flying taxis would reduce travel time between San Francisco’s Marina to downtown San Jose to 15 minutes, compared with the more than two hours it takes by road.

According to Chief Product Officer Jeff Holden, in an early scale operation, Uber can earn $1.32 per passenger mile. The earnings are a little higher that taking an UberX for a similar distance.

In the long term, the cab-hailing firm expects the cost of taking flying taxis to fall below car ownership.

Holded revealed Uber is partnering with Hillwood Properties to construct four Vertiports – VOTL hubs with multiple takeoffs and landing pads, and charging infrastructure – in Dallas next year.

The company, valued at $68 billion, has also joined forces with companies such as Bell Helicopter, Aurora, Pipistrel, Mooney, and Embraer to manufacture the flying taxis.

Uber has also partnered with ChargePoint Inc, a U.S electric vehicle charging station maker.

The company is working on developing an exclusive charger for its network.

Uber, which is also partnering with the Dubai government on this initiative, expects to carry out passenger flights as part of the World Expo 2020 in Dubai.

The ride-hailing service first released a 98-page blueprint for its flying taxi last October.

It says the flying taxis could revolutionize commuting.

Uber called the plan UberElevate, and has set 2021 as the ready date.

Categories
NONE

McGregor says boxers would be destroyed in a real fight

MMA star, Conor McGregor said that boxers would be destroyed in a street fight.

As he prepared for a mega fight with boxing legend, Floyd “Money” Mayweather, McGregor reminded fans of which of the fighters was going into the arena of the other. There have been several rumors that Mayweather and “Notorious” will fight in September and the preeminent UFC lightweight has been reportedly working for months on his striking to prepare for a boxing match. McGregor has been showing off his boxing training sessions over his social media accounts. Although McGregor has been boasting about the growth of his boxing abilities, he also has made it clear that he believes mixed martial artists are already trained to handle any sort of combat situation. He expressed his belief that he would be ready for the boxing match because of his varied training as a UFC fighter.

“Myself and [coach Owen Roddy] have been working together on unrestricted, unarmed fighting, since we are kids. Not much will change when I fight under the famed, yet very limited, Queensberry rules (boxing rules),” stated McGregor. “No disrespect to single discipline fighters, from boxing to kicking to grappling, just know that understanding one style of fighting is simply not enough. You are lying to yourself. You are easily dismantled in a true fight. A fight with no rules to protect you. In a straight fight, you do not posses (sic) enough tools to keep you alive. You will be dismantled and killed.”

Categories
Business NONE TECH TECH_Technology TSC_Global Politics

Uber, France argue over whether company is a transport service

In its latest European legal battle with the taxi industry, Uber told Europe’s top court that it was a digital service, and not a transport service.

The U.S ride-hailing app accused a French law of apparently targeting online taxi services.

Uber expanded to Europe five years ago and has been attacked by taxi companies who see it as unfair competition bypassing strict licensing and safety regulations.

In a hearing in Europe’s top court in Luxembourg, the U.S tech start-up described itself as a digital platform connecting willing travelers with drivers.

The start-up added that it does not itself provide a transport service, which would lead to it subjected to stricter regulations.

The company’s lawyer, Hugues Calvet, compared Uber to online hotel booking services loke Booking.com, arguing that they did not provide the room.

“In fact, it doesn’t give the transport service itself,” Calvet said.

The case was referred to the Court of Justice of the European Union (ECJ) by a court in Lille.

The suit concerns a 2014 French law on taxis and chauffeured services which make it a criminal offense to organize illegal taxi services and puts restrictions on the use of software to find customers in the street.

Last year, two of Uber’s executives in France were fined over UberPop, the company’s service employing unlicensed drivers.

UberPop has since been suspended.

Uber, as well as the European Commission, argued that the French law targeted electronically provided taxi services, and therefore Brussels should have been notified about it.

European Union law requires that Brussels be informed of measures related to online services.

Uber argued that France failed to notify Brussels of its law, and as such, criminal penalties cannot be enforced against it.

The court duels come as Uber tries to stem a wave of executive departures and criticism of its work culture.

Categories
NONE TV

CNN news anchor claims Fox News ex-CEO Roger Ailes harassed her

Television journalist Alisyn Cameron said on Sunday that suffered sexual harassment by Roger Ailes when she worked at Fox News.

Alisyn joins other former colleagues at the cable news channel who have accused their ex-boss of inappropriate sexual behavior.

Now co-host of CNN’s New Day, Camerota told the network’s Brian Stelter in an interview that Ailes suggested that they might have to get to “know each other better” at a hotel if she wanted to succeed at Fox News.

“I knew in my head at that moment, I’m never going to that hotel under any circumstances, but I didn’t know what that meant for me or my career,” Camerota said.

In the interview, Camerota expanded on comments she announced last week on her show when she claimed she had experienced “emotional harassment” at Fox, and that the culture at the company made it impossible to stop the harassment.

The fresh allegations came just days after Twenty-first Century Fox Inc, Fox New’s parent company, fired its biggest star, Bill O’Reilly, over sexual harassment accusations.

Oreilly’s show, The O’Reilly Factor, began losing advertisers after the New York Times reported that Fox News had paid $13 million to five women to settle sexual harassment claims against him.

The claims have cost Fox News dearly in both reputation and money.

O’Reilly will reportedly receive a payout of up to $25 million following his sacking.

Ailes received a package of roughly $40 million when she was forced to leave his post of Fox News chief executive officer in July.

Both Men have denied the accusations.

Categories
HOUNDS_Entertainment Music NONE

Sir Elton cancels shows after suffering ‘potentially deadly’ infection on tour

Sir Elton John spent two nights in intensive care with a potentially deadly bacterial infection.

As a result, the British musician has canceled all his concerts for the rest of April and May, his publicist announced yesterday.

According to a statement by spokesperson Fran Curtis, the Musician became “violently” ill on a flight home from his recent South America tour.

According to the statement, the Sacrifice singer spent two nights in intensive care in the United Kingdom and is now resting at home after being released on Saturday.

Sir John’s infection was not mentioned, but the statement said he contracted the “harmful and unusual bacterial infection” during his South American tour.

John’s South American tour ended in Chile on April 10.

“Infections of this nature are rare and potentially deadly,” the statement said, adding that the Rocket Man singer’s time in intensive care was followed by an extended stay in the hospital.

The singer apologized to his fans for disappointing them, adding in a statement that he was grateful to the medical team for their excellence in looking after him.

Following recommendations from his doctor, the singer canceled the show’s last four concerts.

In May 2012, Sir Elton became ill with a severe respiratory while performing his show The Million Dollar Piano at Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas.

The rocker, a Grammy, Oscar, and Tony award winner for his contribution to film and theater, is working on a project for a Broadway musical adaptation for the comedy-drama The Devil Wears Prada.

John is slated to resume performances at a concert in Twickenham, England, on June 3.